Friday, May 25, 2012

LSA Video Weekend

A few week ago LSA had a film crew here to do some filming for the new HIV Experience that they are going to be opening in Indianapolis. I had the privilege to join them while they were at Light Providers, which is one of their partners. For the first time I was  able to go to the soccer field and see the team that they had. 

I was impressed with how excited the kids were to show off their skills and to follow orders. I was also struck by the beauty of the countryside and the beauty of relationship these young boys had with each other. I could tell just how much they wanted to be there and to practice. 

Light Providers is the spiritual development partner for Loving South Africa. Football (or soccer in the States) is one of the many ways that Light Providers reaches out to the youth in their neighborhood. Light Provides is focused on changing the circumstances of the youth around them and giving them a deeper understand of God's purpose and love for them. 

Here are a few pictures that I took while I was at the video shot. 

DSC 0059

Some local guys playing a pick-up game. 

DSC 0033

 The Light Provider youth grabbing their uniforms. 

DSC 0050

Lining up to do drills .

No comments:

Post a Comment